Sunday, August 27, 2006

Bring on the sheep...

I have never counted sheep to get to sleep, but currently I am rethinking this possibility.

Bob attended a four day out of town seminar series and I decided to stay behind to take care of some of the have to's that have been plaguing my mind.

After dismantling my office, bankers boxes filled to the brim of old paperwork for shredding, and a heap of items I no longer have use for; I implemented my 'cardio program' of going up and down the stairs, until I surpassed the fatigue level into sheer exhaustion and then proceeded to get my second wind....problem being I have been averaging only 3-4 hours a sleep a night for the last week.

How can you turn off your brain? I tried listening to soothing music, have had the room quiet trying to get lost in the sounds of the oscillating fan, and tried mental imagery of what I hope my office will look like when we eventually paint and I have reorganized everything. NOPE...I start to dose off and then it is like a light switch has been turned on and my brain is reactivated on all the items still on my to do list.

So, as a last resort I say, "Bring on the sheep!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

(1) warm milk

(2) cammomile tea

(3) drugs

I recommend the first two over the latter [grin]

Jill said...

Thanks for your great suggestions! I found that if I attempt to stay awake to watch Home & Garden television (my favorite) I inevitably fall asleep unwillingly. So, I guess being contrary has it's advantages Huh? Really bad timing, but any shut eye is good shut eye (except while driving or operating heavy machinery...*hee,hee,hee*!!!

Kapara said...

I have the oppset problem I fall asleep just fine but then wake up four hours later. I can then not fall back to sleep. When Bob gets back you will get more sleep!

Jill said...

it has to be a girl thing don't you think ladies? I am finally sleeping a bit better, although my dreams are craaaaaaaaazy. I am waking up feeling as though I have ran a marathon, but am feeling more rested so that's a good thing!