Sunday, January 06, 2008

The Upcoming Primary Election...

**Update: I re-regisered as a Declined to State Independent in 2009**

Well, February 5th is right around the corner to vote in the upcoming Primary Presidential election; it seems as though this process has been going on forever in some respects. I couldn't be more baffled as to whom I should endorse, given the selection of candidates we have running.

A little over two years ago I re-registered as an American Independent; and I still have the choice in this election to vote for any candidate of varying political party affiliation. If, I had re-registered as a "Declined to State" my options would have been a Democratic or an Independent candidate. The GOP has decided to deny GOP primary ballots to all voters except those who are registered Republicans or American Independents.

Question, inquire, and study will be my motivation to determine who I think will provide the best leadership and let's hope other registered voters do the same!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, it turns out we're the same 'party' since I gave up on the Big Two years ago and registered "Independent" --we're apparently part of a big trend and now Independents are seen as swing voters whose votes are important.

The Republicans won't give primary ballots to other-than-Republicans because CA is so Dem-heavy a state, and they don't want stealth-Dems voting in the primaries for Republican candidates that are running in 3rd or lower place, thus throwing the selection out of wack...